Monday, December 3, 2007

Dogged by misfortune?

My golden retriever is a 70-lb ball of energy--not so good when she knocks me over, as she has now done twice. I thought that I'd hurt my elbow after the most recent fall, three weeks ago, but the doc on duty suggested I not bother with an x-ray, seeing as he was certain my arm wasn't broken. Five days and one emergency room visit later, I had proof he was wrong. Life with limited use of my right arm is interesting. Serves Ms. Ceilidh right that dog-walking is high up on the list of curtailed activities....

4 comments:

Spirit Bear said...

Have you noticed the theme of dogs in your recent posts? what does this mean?
Thank you for the comment on the wedding; I have a funny story about finding an outfit.
Take care, Shenach, your daughter will love walking the dog!

Pam said...

No, no, Shenach - I've just read your post about guising, and you've been away from Scotland too long! "Guising" is short for "disguising" and children do it at Hallowe'en. Nothing to do with Guy Fawkes - it was a Scottish thing long before English children did it.

This is Pam Donaldson by the way - in disguise! Just got your Christmas letter - thank you so much. What a lot of grandchildren - we're yet to have one. Sigh.

Spirit Bear said...

Happy Birthday, Shenach. I hope you will keep writing here. Make it a habit. Your life and family are so interesting!

Go Capricorns!

Spirit Bear said...

I think it's about time you got back on this blog. Goodness knows, you have plenty to talk about; you're one of the most interesting people I know! A photo or two from your recent trip would be nice too!